So, I was tagged by my friend Nicole.
The tag? A “7 Random/Weird things” meme. (here’s the definition of that word, by the way… A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another… so basically, i blog about it and ask you to blog about it – and so on).
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share seven random or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
My oddities: (in no particular order)
1. I love movies. I mean love them. So much to the point that anytime anyone is telling a story I can usually revert it back to a movie somehow. My husband and I have the game Scene It (1st and 2nd edition). One time we went over to his parents house and put it on “party play” (random clips from movies) so that everyone can join in the fun. I don’t like to say this, but I wanted everyone to participate so I would keep the answer to myself even though I wanted to blurt it out right away. I know it’s a sad obsession.
kind of related…
2. I have to go to a movie early so I can watch the previews. Don’t ask me why. Zack would rather skip all of the previews, but I have always arrived 20 minutes early to a movie just to watch previews. My friend Ellen and I would go to the movies and she hated previews, but because she loved me would endure through the long 10 minutes of previews.
3. I’ve always wanted to be extremely extroverted and I think I was when I was a lot younger, but I’m extremely introverted. I do not mind at all chillin at the house by myself and anyone who knows me knows it was pretty difficult to get me out and about unless it was a close friend. I say that because it’s hard for me to get out of my comfort zone sometimes.
4. I love peas. I’m not sure when I developed the taste for them, but I have been known to eat them right out of the can. I know it’s pretty weird.
5. I am so passionate about missions. I can remember in Sister Act 2 (I couldn’t resist) where she tells a student what do you wake up and want to do? For her it was singing. For me…I can always remember waking up and thinking about faces and people I had seen in other countries. I have a bunch of friends who are getting ready to go overseas. In some ways I long for the day when I can go with my husband overseas together ministering beside each other. I just have to remember PREPARATION. I know he’s preparing us…it will be a sweet day.
6. I am pretty anal about being on time (I’m working on it). In seminary, my roommate Dawn was one who liked to be “fashionably late”. I’d like to say it taught me some patience. If I were late to class by 5 minutes I would skip out on it. Thankfully, as the years went on I stopped doing that and eventually could be late to class. Now, I try not to worry about it…and my husband has taught me a great lesson he learned in Bible study. Always care more about the person in front of you then running off to do the next thing. Like I said ….I’m learning.
7. I have to wear fun socks that match. It’s pretty random, but the only time I wear white socks is…1. if I have no clean fun socks or 2. if I go to work out. Since it’s Christmas I’ll say this too…I start the lights at the top of the tree is anybody else with me on that?
I’ll be tagging: (this will come soon enough) get ready people